Start Date: Immediate – Open to freelancer / project base
Click2Sure is looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to bolster our ranks and bring their experience and expertise to bear on on developing a new, cutting-edge frontend (including wireframes, high fidelity prototypes etc.) from the ground up, while supporting the sales and marketing teams with beautiful assets for them to use in their material. If you’re looking for an exciting challenge in the FinTech Space, in an industry which is just begging to be modernized, then look no further.
What We Do
The insurance industry is complex and involves many different players. Our aim is to be the largest disruptive, technology-led, customer-centric digital insurance distributor. We have digitised the process of insurance distribution, thereby enabling consumers to easily purchase a unique selection of cover. We integrate with both retail and online distribution channels. We have automated the process of claims and policy administration.
Why Work For Us
We are a startup. That means we offer opportunity. Opportunity to build out an already complex platform. Opportunity to use cutting edge technology. Opportunity to make visible and effective contributions to the company’s growth.
The management team has an extremely diverse background and skillset. You will have the opportunity to work with people with many years of experience in building very successful entrepreneurial businesses and creating and managing technology platforms. Our CEO is the founder of Groupon South Africa, and a leading figure in the startup and technology eco-system. You will also have the opportunity to work with young, dynamic people with exceptionally strong academic backgrounds. Our Head of Engineering is our resident rocket scientist, with a background in Aerospace Engineering and an exceptionally strong academic record.
The following will describe your general day-to-day tasks and responsibilities, in no particular order:
● Creating high quality design systems and prototypes for the development team
● Creating high fidelity prototypes and wireframes from BRDs/Flowcharts
● Ensuring that best practices are followed for UX
● Reviewing frontend implementation and being able to iterate
● Building out a library of components for the developers to build and use
● Providing support across the company including:
○ Sales & Marketing
○ Internal + External Presentations (potentially some animation/videographic work
○ Product Design
○ Client Demos
These requirements are mandatory – but exceptions can be made for exceptional candidates:
● 2-4 years experience.
● Ability to do both UI and UX Design
● Experience with Wireframing
● Experience with generating both lower and higher fidelity prototypes
● Willingness to provide support across the company (marketing material, social media,
● A portfolio of previously completed work (or demo projects)
Nice to Haves
These requirements are nice to have, but not required:
● Experience with Figma.
● Experience with UXPin.
● Experience with Miro.
● Website design experience.
● Previous design experience in the FinTech space.
An academic background in at least one of the following will be beneficial, but it must be noted that previous experience/demonstration of expertise in the domain supercedes degrees/qualifications – this is especially the case in this role, where your eye for design and ability to execute will far outweigh any degrees or diplomas which you might have.
● Degree/Diploma in UI/UX Design
● Any short courses on UI/UX Design are beneficial
At Click2Sure we offer a variety of benefits to our employees. These include, but are not limited to:
● Remote work
● A laptop and peripherals to get you going (should you not have your own)
● An office situated in the centre of Cape Town
● Highly competitive compensation
● A dynamic, startup environment where you won’t just be a number and your ideas can be made into reality
● Education opportunities in the form of budget and time allocation for short courses
● A hands on management team who will be on the front lines with you, instead of trying to micromanage you from the top