Start date: Immediate
We are looking for a talented Senior Full stack Software Engineer to bolster our ranks and bring their experience and expertise to bear on maintaining a legacy system, whilst working in parallel on developing a new, cutting-edge system from the ground up. If you’re looking for an exciting challenge in the FinTech Space, in an industry which is just begging to be modernized, then look no further.
What We Do
The insurance industry is complex and involves many different players. Our aim is to be the largest disruptive, technology-led, customer-centric digital insurance distributor.
We have digitised the process of insurance distribution, thereby enabling consumers to easily purchase a unique selection of cover. We integrate with both retail and online distribution channels. We have automated the process of claims and policy administration.
Why Work For Us
We are a startup. That means we offer opportunity. Opportunity to build out an already complex platform. Opportunity to use cutting edge technology. Opportunity to make visible and effective contributions to the company’s growth.
The management team has an extremely diverse background and skillset. You will have the opportunity to work with people with many years of experience in building very successful entrepreneurial businesses and creating and managing technology platforms. Our CEO is the founder of Groupon South Africa, and a leading figure in the startup and technology eco-system. You will also have the opportunity to work with young, dynamic people with exceptionally strong academic backgrounds. Our Head of Engineering is our resident rocket scientist, with a background in Aerospace Engineering and an exceptionally strong academic record.
The following will describe your general day-to-day tasks and responsibilities, in no particular order:
- Perform data architecture analyses
- Database design and optimisation
- Designing and building scalable REST APIs using Django
- Building frontends using Angular based on design prototypes
- Code reviews (both backend and frontend)
- Code/API documentation
- Writing tests
- Maintaining Dockerfiles
- Maintaining/writing CI scripts
- Maintaining AWS Infrastructure via IaC in the form of Terraform
- Sprint backlog refinement and story pointing
These requirements are mandatory – but exceptions can be made for exceptional candidates:
- 4+ years experience.
- Very experienced with Python.
- Understanding of REST APIs.
- Experience with Django + Django REST Framework.
- Experience with writing tests for Python/Django.
- Experience with Angular 2+.
- Experience with Gitlab and Gitlab CI.
- Experience with AWS/Cloud Architecture.
Nice to Haves
These requirements are nice to have, but not required:
- Experience with AngularJS.
- Experience with PWA technology.
- Experience with JWT and other Auth methods.
- Experience with Docker/general containerization.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with AWS Solutions Architecture.
- AWS Certifications.
- Previous experience in FinTech.
- Previous experience with designing systems from the group up, and taking software through its full lifecycle.
- Previous experience with Jira/Confluence.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum.
An academic background in at least one of the following will be beneficial, but it must be noted that previous experience/demonstration of expertise in the domain supercedes degrees/qualifications:
- BSc. (Engineering/Computer Science/Other)
- MSc. (Engineering/Computer Science/Other)
- PhD. (Engineering/Computer Science/Other)
At Click2Sure we offer a variety of benefits to our employees. These include, but are not limited to:
- Remote work
- A laptop and peripherals to get you going (should you not have your own)
- An office situated in the centre of Cape Town
- Highly competitive compensation
- A dynamic, startup environment where you won’t just be a number and your ideas can be made into reality
- Education opportunities in the form of budget and time allocation for short courses
- A hands on management team who will be on the front lines with you, instead of trying to micromanage you from the top