Start date: Immediate
We are looking for a forward-thinking Head of Sales who will build and execute high impact business growth strategies. Our SaaS enables businesses to digitally distribute insurance products, improve efficiency and reduce administration costs. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in Account Management and a good understanding of the South African insurance landscape, with the ability of leading a dynamic team.
What We Do
The insurance industry is complex and involves many different players. Our aim is to be the largest disruptive, technology-led, customer-centric digital insurance distributor.
We have digitised the process of insurance distribution, thereby enabling consumers to easily purchase a unique selection of cover. We integrate with both retail and online distribution channels. We have automated the process of claims and policy administration.
Why Work For Us
We are a startup. That means we offer opportunity. Opportunity to build out an already complex platform. Opportunity to use cutting edge technology. Opportunity to make visible and effective contributions to the company’s growth.
The management team has an extremely diverse background and skillset. You will have the opportunity to work with people with many years of experience in building very successful entrepreneurial businesses and creating and managing technology platforms. Our CEO is the founder of Groupon South Africa, and a leading figure in the startup and technology eco-system. You will also have the opportunity to work with young, dynamic people with exceptionally strong academic backgrounds. Our Head of Engineering is our resident rocket scientist, with a background in Aerospace Engineering and an exceptionally strong academic record.
The following will describe your general day-to-day tasks and responsibilities, in no particular order:
- New Business and Partner acquisition (Prospecting, qualifying and contract
- Identify target clients and segments for Click2Sure’s platform
- Partner on-boarding (Sales & product training)
- Partner management (Pipeline and report accurately each week)
- Partner success (Visit partners/customers/prospects as necessary. Attend local events and exhibitions)
- Thru success (Achieve and/or surpass revenue targets set)
- Negotiate business terms and dissect contracts with strategic technology partners and coordinate when needed with administration, marketing, and legal stakeholders leading to the completion of a formal agreement.
- Coordinate and drive new business revenues from Financial Institutions and new affinity markets
- Identify and build product offering that adequately meets needs of our clients and their customers
- Conduct regular reviews with senior leadership, present and promote partnerships to ensure resourcing is allocated to their success
- Manage the Sales Team
What you will do
These requirements are mandatory – but exceptions can be made for exceptional candidates:
- Ability to get up to speed quickly, “see around corners”, make tough decisions, and influence broadly across the organization
- Strong ability to close
- Thorough understanding of the insurance space
- Adept at building solutions that drive growth
- Combine deep industry knowledge, strategic thinking, and customer-focus with business knowledge to improve performance
- Fluid and comfortable operating in a culture of total transparency and no politics working environment.
These requirements are nice to have, but not required:
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferred
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with managing a team and working with OKRs structure
- Detailed knowledge of B2B discipline, outgoing client manager professional, solid B2B Marketing experience and third party distribution channel management
- Experience in insurance sales and business development for the insurance industry
- Experience in selling insurance solutions to affinity partners
At Click2Sure we offer a variety of benefits to our employees. These include, but are not limited to:
- Remote work
- A laptop and peripherals to get you going (should you not have your own)
- An office situated in the centre of Cape Town
- Highly competitive compensation
- A dynamic, startup environment where you won’t just be a number and your ideas can be made into reality
- Education opportunities in the form of budget and time allocation for short courses
- A hands on management team who will be on the front lines with you, instead of trying to micromanage you from the top
The ideal candidate is a motivated, organized, and creative individual who welcomes the challenges of acquiring and developing new business through sales efforts. You will build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, and close business deals while maintaining an extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Start date: ASAP