We built our platform from the ground up. We started selling insurance digitally at the point of sale to end users in partnership with South Africa’s biggest e-commerce retailer. This experience enabled a deep learning of how to distribute and manage a book of business. We evolved to comprehend the complexity of insurance in regulatory terms, selling terms, administering terms, including claims settlement.
WE REALISED the ‘job to be done’ is a platform that democratises insurance B2B:
1. Giving the end user fair, convenient, flexibility of insurance products.
2. Giving the insurer and user a simple configurable platform that will enable high productivity in terms of claims settlement and faster underwriting.
We are not an insurance company. We are a technology company and user expert. We power insurance
operations for others in one consolidated solution.
SOUTH AFRICAN TEAM
• Successful serial entrepreneur (Founder Groupon SA)
• E-commerce expert (Awarded “U-Start Top E-Commerce Website Award, 2011, 2012, 2015)
• MBA London Business School, Executive Management Singularity
• Effectiveness expert
• Use technology to solve business problems
• Experience in building and scaling teams and products in the startup environment
Yolandie Le Grange
• Successful serial entrepreneur
• Core skills in leadership, business model innovation, strategy, and marketing in e-commerce and edtech
• Executive MBA Graduate School of Business UCT
• Experience in startups
• Creates structure, and insights to data across the full business spectrum
• Admitted attorney, notary public, and conveyancer of the High Court of SA
• BA Law and LLB Stellenbosch University
• Articles at established law firm in commercial law and civil litigation
• Classically trained musician
• Post graduate in Entrepreneurship and Management from UCT
• International recruitment expert
• Core focus areas are culture, and team development aligned with the business strategy
• End to end customer support including claims and complaints handling
• Fintech specialist with 20 years experience
• Built and scaled online business of which 2 sold to public companies and a 3rd resulted in a Nasdaq IPO
• Venture Capitalist with Chase and Amadeus Capital Partners
• Management consultant with Mckinsey & Co.
• Experience in financial services, private equity investing, strategy and management consulting
• Director at Apis Partners
• Set up Strategic Investment Fund at Old Mutual
• Associate Director at Standard Chartered
• Started as Business Analyst with McKinsey & Co. in London
• MBA from INSEAD, Shell Scholar at Cambridge University, MPhil in Bioscience
• 15 years experience advising in corporate law, legal compliance, and M&A transactions
• Speciality in the tech startup space, establishing best practice from starting